Pink Velvet Cake

on Sunday 12 August 2012
This morning, I'm planning to make ''Red Velvet Cake", my favorite cake. I got the cream cheese and red velvet cupcake from my elder cousin that is really good at making cake.

I started making the mixture of the cake, and everything goes alright until the step of buttermilk, I did something wrong and I thought everything gonna messed up. But my mum told me to stay calm and keep going, and I did what my mum said.

The result was excellent and I was really satisfied about it. Although when I saw the result it wasn't red, its pink! and I'm not really worried about it. The pink made it cute:-)

I was planning to make it for break-fasting together in Consulate General of Republic Indonesia or we call it KJRI, but the weather isn't really good so my dad said we couldn't get there. After we discuss it, we decided to break-fasting at home and my cake was for my family~

Recipe

Pink Velvet Cake:
-2 1/2 cups self-raising flour+2 tbsp cocoa+1/2 tsp salt (sift into one)
-1/2 pack butter (125gr)
-1 1/2 cups white sugar
-2 eggs
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-buttermilk (1 cup milk + 1tbsp vinegar)
-2 tbsp rose pink coloring
-1tsp baking soda
-1tsp vinegar

stepbystep:
1. combine butter+whitesugar using electric mixer
2. put the eggs one by one + vanilla extract
3. mixed buttermilk and rose pink coloring
4. put flour mixture and buttermilk mixture into cake mixture alternately
5. combine baking soda+vinegar, and pour it into the cake mixture
6. using spatula, mix it until it combined
7. bake it in 25-30 minutes by 180 degree.

Cream Cheese:
-2 pack cream cheese (500gr)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 1/2 cup whipping cream (double/heavy cream)
-1 cup white sugar

Thank you sooo much to my elder cousin, kak Dita that have share this useful recipe to me:-)
Visit her in www.twitter.com/ArditaShabrina

0 responses:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About

Blogger news